Australia France Business Association (AFBA) is a membership-based association, representing corporations and individuals, bringing together professionals with both Australian and French commercial interests.
Founded in London in 1975, AFBA has grown into a dynamic association with a large international membership spanning across Europe. After having established a firm base in Britain in 1988, AFBA expanded its presence across Europe, with branches in Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
In France, AFBA is registered as an ‘Association loi de 1901’, an apolitical non-profit association that provides opportunities for business people with a reciprocal interest in France and Australia to meet and develop their professional networks.
It is a forum for companies and individuals to forge business links, develop professional contacts and exchange information in an interesting and convivial environment.
Although it is not government funded, AFBA is supported by the Australian Embassy in Paris, with the Australian Ambassador, H.E. Gillian Bird PSM, serving as Honorary President of the association.
AFBA organises a wide range of business, networking and cultural events that give members the opportunity to promote their businesses, broaden their professional networks, improve brand awareness and gain unique access to market information.
The AFBA Corporate Club, created in 2009, includes Australian companies with business interests in Europe and French companies with investments in Australia. Banking, IT, new technologies, finance, insurance, transport, travel, manufacturing, media and the service industries are well represented.
The principal objectives of AFBA are to promote:
- Networking of French and Australian business through a variety of events, providing opportunities for sharing information on trade and investment (including dinners, seminars and other fora with high quality speakers from commerce, politics, diplomacy or entertainment)
- The establishment of business contacts in France and Australia
- French business activities in Australia and Australian business activities in France
- Opportunities for the presentation and exchange of views
- The exchange of first hand experiences and knowledge regarding trade and investment between Europe/France and Australia
- The interests of our members with new ideas, methodologies and channels through which to conduct business.