Join the ABIE France Team – Communications and Events Manager
Communications and Events Manager
Australian Business in Europe, ‘ABIE’ France, is a not-for-profit, membership-based association of over 100 members representing corporations and individuals, which brings together professionals with both Australian and French commercial interests. Its aim is to foster French-Australian business relations. Through a series of business seminars and webinars, professional forums and cultural events, members have the opportunity to promote their businesses, improve brand awareness, increase their professional networks and gain unique access to market information.
ABIE is looking for a part-time Communications and Events Manager.
The ideal candidate will play an important part in the development and growth of ABIE France, combining excellent communication skills, strong administrative capabilities and intercultural awareness.
Planning and organisation of events
Finding venues, liaising with speakers, identifying appropriate sponsors, managing budget, designing and sending invitations and managing replies, logistics: managing events from start to finish in all regards, including attendance at all events.
Monitor registration and payments of new members, manage & retain existing members, annual membership renewal, update the database of members and other contacts, recruit new members with assistance of the Board.
Tracking of expenditure and receipts, banking cheques, issuing invoices, reconciling bank statements with monthly account, ad hoc administration duties.
Planning agendas for board meetings and taking minutes, liaising with the Board and President of ABIE, organization of the annual AGM and attendance at all meetings.
Website + social media
Update website (via WordPress) and develop social media initiatives to encourage increased traffic, post events and news, manage online membership applications and renewals, manage LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Fostering relations and exchanges with ABIE European chapters, business councils and associations as appropriate to generate contacts, new members and ideas for events.
- University graduate with excellent written and spoken language skills.
- Fluent in English (oral & written) and proficient in French.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and OneDrive.
- Ability to work independently; very self-motivated; a well-organised administrator; a good communicator who enjoys meeting people; experience of events management; ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Experience with CRM software, website design (ideally via WordPress), Zoom and/or experience managing social media content would be an advantage.
- Motivated to work for a “not-for-profit” organisation.
Part-time: Flexible (suit freelancer/auto-entrepreneur, etc.)
Location: Paris (can be home-based)
Remuneration: Confidential, but competitive
Start date: 1 September 2020 (induction in August)
References may be requested
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest in the role before 30 June 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org